Chromebook / Chrome OS News Writer at XDA
This position will operate on a remote, freelance basis.
Are you an experienced blogger with a knack for cutting through the fat and extracting the beating heart of a story in a flash? Oh, and do you have a passion for everything Android?
XDA is looking for a Chromebook / Chrome OS News writer to cover relevant and up-to-date informative Chromebook and Chrome OS updates and releases, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
The XDA team is constantly scouring the Internet for the latest mobile, smart home, and computing news, sharing tips, tricks, tutorials, videos, and podcasts, reviewing devices, apps, and games, and keeping track of custom ROMs and hacks.
- Write a minimum of 15 news articles per month, with no upper limit
- Stay up to date on the latest news, products, and updates
- Coordinate with the editorial team for assignments and feedback
- Input work into our in-house CMS according to our guidelines
- Cover Letter (tell us why you want to write for us!)
- 2-3 tech articles you've written that demonstrate your writing abilities
Applicants must have a self-starter attitude and possess the following requirements
- Relevant experience in writing and editing in the English language
- Ability to think analytically; applauding or criticising aspects of the news source
- Expert knowledge and broad familiarity of Chrome OS and Chromebooks
The hiring team at XDA will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.