Weekend List Writer at Backyard Boss
This position will operate on a remote, freelance basis. Applicants must be located in the US or Canada and must be available on weekends.
Are you a dynamic and driven writer, who is dedicated to doing vigorous research and writing interesting, compelling, and factual content? If so, then you are just what we're looking for at Backyard Boss! As a freelance writer, you will create original, informative, and eye-catching articles that our audience is craving to read.
The editorial team at Backyard Boss is looking for a writer to contribute list-based articles, how-to, and other related content for backyardboss.com, a website geared toward gardening, backyard projects, landscaping, and more!
- Write a minimum of 30+ articles per month, with no upper limit
- Coordinate with the editorial team for assignments and feedback
- Generate and pitch concise and relevant ideas/topics for articles, if needed
- Input work into our in-house CMS, as well as find and format images, according to our guidelines
- Cover Letter (tell us why you want to write for us!)
- 2-3 samples of your previous work that are relevant to Backyard Boss content and that demonstrate your writing abilities
- In addition, please include the topics you're most interested in writing about
- Must reside in the U.S. or Canada, or in countries within a few hours of the EST time zone
- Must be available to write on weekends
The hiring team at Backyard Boss will get back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Please note that we have a zero-tolerance policy regarding plagiarism on our site. Any AI content generating tools are also forbidden from use. Therefore, any evidence of plagiarism within your work or AI-generated content will result in the rejection of your application.