Computing Writer at XDA
This position will operate on a remote basis within the U.S.
Are you an experienced blogger with a knack for cutting through the fat and extracting the beating heart of a story in a flash? Oh, and do you have a passion for everything PC?
XDA is looking for a Computing Writer to cover relevant and up-to-date informative PC updates and releases, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
The XDA team is constantly scouring the Internet for the latest mobile, smart home, and computing news, sharing tips, tricks, tutorials, videos, and podcasts, reviewing devices, apps, and games, and keeping track of custom ROMs and hacks.
- Ability to contribute reliably and consistency (buying guides, tutorials, and news) under tight deadlines.
- Willing to input work into our in-house CMS, as well as find and format images, according to our guidelines.
- Stay up to date on the latest PC hardware news, products and updates.
- Coordinate with the editorial team for assignments and feedback.
- Cover Letter (tell us why you want to write for us!)
- 2-3 tech articles you've written that demonstrate your writing abilities
Applicants must have a self-starter attitude and possess the following requirements
- Relevant experience in writing and editing in the English language.
- Ability to think analytically; applauding or criticizing aspects of the news source.
- Relevant PC building skills and experience.
- Expert knowledge and broad familiarity of PC’s and PC parts.
The hiring team at XDA will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.